In this special December edition of our NCHV Newsletter, you will see the recurring theme of GRATITUDE. I invite you to get carried away by this “attitude of gratitude” with us, particularly as we enter another Christmas season.
In the Psalms, David expresses “My heart overflows with a good theme.” This well summarizes how we feel at the National Center for Healthy Veterans. The theme is driven by GRATITUDE for the overflow of blessings to Valor Farm as so many around America have helped us help Veterans over this past year.
Some of the reasons for thankfulness include a Patriot who chose not to take his life, another who is no longer homeless, a Patriot who used the opportunity to regain wellness and clarify purpose prior to reentering military service, some who have found faith and renewed purpose in living, a Veteran family who avoided certain divorce through NCHV staff love and guidance, tens of indigent veterans who received direct help and referral service, a compassionate NCHV Staff who have poured hundreds of hours into our residential and transient Veteran population, an amazing Army of Volunteers who have greatly accelerated our progress, a first Veteran Village with supporting infrastructure that is over 50% complete and now accepting occupants; Farm, Ranch, and Construction operations which all contribute to our overall NCHV Mission and healing environment, and finally direct financial support and gifts-in-kind which have been overwhelming.
In the Media Section, listen to the powerful testimony of a Valor Farm Veteran who has grown from Wounded Warrior to Healthy Veteran. In Plays of the Day, you will hear additional praise items across Valor Farm activities. Diving Deeper explains how you can help us help Veterans as this year draws to a close.
Yes, so much to be grateful for! We give thanks to God “who surrounds us with favor as with a shield.” And we give thanks to EACH of YOU who have been part of this noble mission to Return Healthy Veterans to America.
From our Valor Farm Team to Your Home, may you have a very blessed Christmas.
Robert F. Dees
Major General, U.S. Army, Retired
NCHV President & CEO
YOUR encouragement and generosity
have made these amazing things happen at Valor Farm. We certainly welcome and need your further support on behalf of Returning Healthy Veterans to America!
Join our Healthy Veterans Community!
Plays of the Day
- LIFE TRANSFORMATION: Please celebrate the joy of having Veterans in our first tiny homes! Especially when the Veterans got to build them side by side with all of you. Priceless!
- VOLUNTEERISM: Scores of Veterans and their families were greatly impacted this year due to the love, perseverance, and determination of so many supporters. We would like to provide a special thank you to the Lynchburg Area Veterans Council, the Veterans Motorcycle Club, and the American Legion for the incredible support shown!
- IN-KIND DONATIONS: What an amazing year for non-cash donations! The biggest surprise of the year was 2-4 therapy donkeys coming later in December. AMAZING!
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Veterans Day with Dr. Ben and Candy Carson gave the opportunity for us to gratefully recognize our 20 million Veterans, but it also gave us great pleasure to recognize 56 of our business partners, and over 400 volunteers.
- FARM ITEMS: This year we have primarily accepted only donations for our farm products and we were rewarded with God’s bounty. While this provided for our financial needs, it was an even greater gift to see us be able to feed those that could not donate. What a pleasure it is to see the joy in the eyes of children and young families as an unexpected benefit of this work. God is great!
- CONSTRUCTION ITEMS: We can be ever thankful for all of you from age 14 to 92 that have helped us build everything from high-speed internet services, homes and barns, and even deliver food to those in need during the holidays!
- A Word about GIVING
We are grateful for the many joyful givers (“…for God loves a cheerful giver.”) that have blessed our NCHV efforts this year. We pray that God will guide your end-of-year giving and give you true joy in the process. Given the uncertainty of our economy and possible increases in taxes next year, we know you want to wisely consider your stewardship of end-of-year gifts this year.
There are many ways you can help. Our nation’s Veterans have written a blank check for their lives on behalf of every American – the 1% of our population defending the other 99%. May each of us heed the call to provide help, hope, and healing for our Veterans and put them back into America as healthy family members, entrepreneurs, educators, business leaders, and societal role models. America needs her Veterans more than ever before!
Please consider the following:
Donate (501c3 Tax ID: 84-2852661) in the following ways:
Stone Ridge Foundation (dba National Center for Healthy Veterans),
- Healthy Veterans Website at www.HealthyVeterans.org
- Text-to-Give at 719-445-8383 (Text: VETS $$$.$$, or NCHV $$$.$$)
- Check or Donor Advised Fund (DAF) grant payable to:
Sent to P.O. Box 74, Altavista, VA 24517
- For Electronic Transfer of funds please contact: email@example.com
- Planned Giving Strategies such as Will, IRA Charitable Rollover to avoid RMD taxation, and others (call for further information)
- Gifts In-Kind (labor, materiel, equipment, livestock, farm vehicles, et al.)
- Explore volunteer options by inquiring at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer NCHV to others or host a local NCHV “Friendraiser”.
National Center for Healthy Veterans
980 Wards Road
Altavista, VA 24517
In The Media
- Pray that God would steady the hand of the 22 Veterans a day that are considering ending their lives.
- Pray that the work of the National Center for Healthy Veterans would rapidly advance to provide help, hope, and healing for our nation’s Veterans and their families.
- Join us in praising God for the beauty of His Creation — horses, rivers, cattle, valleys, chickens, the fruit of the land, the beauty of the fields, the wonder of His Creation.
- Without mentioning specifics, pray for the many Veterans and their families in our midst who have financial issues, health crises, relational dysfunction, and suffer from mental and emotional challenges. May God bring wellness to Veterans throughout the land. May we together, “Return Healthy Veterans to America”.